A tradition that Peter's family does every year takes place on Good Friday. Homemade doughnuts are prepared throughout the day and, after having snacked all day, we sit down for a "meal" of homemade soup, dougnuts and fruit compote. (Don't EVEN think about touching the fruit compote before the soup is completed...I learned that the hard way.)
I really don't know how this tradition came about, but I have had the privilege of participating in the real thing with Peter's family, and thought it would be so neat to continue this tradition in our own home.
Our doughnut making was a bit smaller of an event, but it was such a neat time with Allister. I had him sit on the counter and we chatted as I made the doughnuts.
After they were done and rolled in sugar, we sat down at the table and talked about what Good Friday is and what it means to Christians. We talked about how Jesus came to earth and then He was killed. But after three days, He was resurrected! And because Jesus did this we get to have a relationship with God! Allister was fully engaged and after every sentence I got a very enthusiastic "Yes" from Him.
Afterward, Allister and I dug in and enjoyed some doughnuts and fruit compote (no soup for us this year). He sure seemed to like them and it was so neat to sit down and share this opportunity to talk about Jesus with him!
No comments:
Post a Comment