Monday, December 13, 2010

Independence

Our son has become a fairly independent child. While I still baffle at how quickly he went from being a helpless, precious baby to a helpful (sometimes), precious toddler, I am certainly enjoying the stage where he can feed himself, walk by himself, clean up by himself and a number of other tasks to help his Momma out.

Today he figured out how to get his water by himself. After returning a second time with his "cup" (actually a water play can) full and gulping it down, I became curious as to how he was getting the water....so....I followed him. ...I followed him right to the toilet....

Yep, today he figured out how to get water all by himself!!

2 comments:

Kri~C said...

Oh my goodness! oh my goodness! that's gotta' be close to licking the hospital floor, right? it shows a lot of initiative and consideration really. He was thirsty and didn't want to be a bother.

Lydia Stewart said...

hahahahahahaha so hilarious!