Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Should I or Shouldn't I.....

...actually update our blog??

"Where have we been for the past couple months?", you might ask.

Well... here goes:


At the end of July, Peter, Allister and I made our way up to Horn Creek, a family camp in Colorado that my family has been attending for about 21 years. This was the first in about ten years that our entire family was able to make it. My parents, my sister, brother-in-law and niece and we were all actual campers. My brother made it up for a day and my youngest sister was working her third summer at the camp.

The scenery was beautiful, as always, and it was neat to take my son to a place where I have so many fond childhood memories.


I have been working on my grad degree since summer 2006 and FINALLY graduated mid-August! My husband, who CANNOT keep a secret, threw a killer surprise party for me. I seriously had NO idea and walked into my house filled with many of my friends and family. It was SO special!! ...and so very devious of all of those involved!

Our baby boy turned 5 months...and soon 6th months. He is just SO cute and we're lovin' him so much!! It is so fun to see his little personality develop!

We've started on solids. Actually, this is our second go at it. We actually started mid-July, but then went on vacation, then graduation...yada, yada. We've started back up again, and Allister is doing pretty well. We've only had rice cereal thus far, but he seems to like it and he opens his mouth ALMOST every time!

We've cut our first tooth...and, I think, working on the second. In the picture below you can almost see it on the bottom...if you squint...it's there, anyhow.


Peter and I celebrated our fourth anniversary! My parents took Allister for the day and we headed up to Santa Fe for the Farmers' Market and Indian Market. It was fun to enjoy the, very warm, day together, walking around Santa Fe.
And, just in general, we tried to enjoy our summer as much as possible. I tried to post a picture of us swimming, since that is a very summer-y thing to do, but I accidentally posted this picture and now it won't let me take it off...so...here you have it. Allister does spend some time in his "exersaucer" and he loves it!! He bounces and yells and bites and plays...it's fun to watch, and I'm just glad no other kids are involved (especially with all the biting that's going on).

Hope all of you have had a good summer, too.

1 comment:

ruth@gracelaced said...

Yay! An update...since I have no idea what's going on otherwise! *grin* LOVE the pic of your whole entire family!