Monday, September 14, 2009

Green Beans and Carrots, Anyone?

Allister has begun to eat solids, well...purees, actually. For my baby shower, I was given the Beaba Babycook...one word, AWESOME!!! I'm really wanting to make his food at home, and this is making it SO easy!



Basically I put food of choice (whether that be meats, veggies or fruits) in the steamer, add some water, 12 minutes later I take out the steamer basket and dump the steamed food into the blender (same compartment) and blend for about 1 minute until the food is pureed (less when they are eating thicker foods). Then I scoop into ice cube trays, freeze, put into baggies and WAH-LAH, I have meals for Allister.



"We" are currently enjoying rice cereal, sweet potatoes, peas, pears and prunes...and today he started on green beans.
Clean up is easy and it really doesn't take more than an hour for the whole process. And with two sweet potatoes (~ $2), Allister has ~15 meals (about $.13 a meal for sweet potatoes).
Now if they would just make a Beaba Adultcook (minus the puree part).




No comments: