The week of Oma's funeral was an absolute blur. We spent some of the day with her on Monday (May 13th) before she went to be with the Lord. Tuesday and Wednesday were spent with family, gathering pictures and making funeral preparations. Thursday we had two visitations, at which I was able to meet many more family members and friends. Friday, we had the funeral.
The funeral was a lovely celebration of Oma and the life that God had given to her, and the ways in which He worked during her, almost, 80 years of life.
We, somewhat sadly, decided it would be best to have babysitting for our youngest two, but Allister was able to be a part of the celebration, as a pall bearer beside Peter. Peter spoke at the graveside and was able to share about the hope we have in Jesus Christ, and I had the opportunity to read and share Oma's eulogy.
Now that the funeral is over, I feel like we can proceed with grieving.



No comments:
Post a Comment